Password
Forget your password?
This operation is available only to registered users. Please Login or Sign Up
- or -

Not registered? Sign up today!

Mount Barker Movie Club - The Avengers (may contain spoilers)

The Avengers (may contain spoilers)

Report as Spam

Have you seen "The Avengers"? What did you think? What was good/bad about it?

Re::The Avengers (may contain spoilers)

Report as Spam

I definitely agree, I haden't seen the new Hulk with Mark Ruffalo or Thor but I had seen teh rest and it defintiely helped to understand about the characters without haveing to run through it in the movie

Report as Spam

One of the interesting aspects of the movie is that most of the back stories and character development happened in earlier stand alone films. This, of course, could be confusing or make the characters lack depth if you haven't seen the earlier films. Since I had seen the earlier films, I thought that this was a pretty good way of getting right into the movie of The Avengers rather than having to develop each character as well as show the struggle they hadforming themselves into a formidable superhero team.

Report as Spam

This movie was great, I don't really know the avengers through the comic books so i'm glad they decided to make it after many of the solo movies.

In the Movie I was a little confused as I didn't know who Loki was until it was said he was thor's brother, As I had not seen the Thor movie before going to see it.

Jeremy Renner played an excellent role as Clint Barton, Hawkeye and I hope they decide to make a solo movie with him and possibly sharlett Johannson.

I have decided to go see it again this weekend, as I felt it was too explosive to take everything in the first time.

Report as Spam

Liked it but didn't love it. The problem I guess with movies based on comic books is that they are based on comic books and so the formula doesn't change much - super hero struggles with their new identity and powers, supervillain emerges, minor defeat of superhero by supervillain, major battle with superhero victorious followed by a moment of reflection and rebuilding. In the case of The Avengers, the struggle with new identity and superpowers was around building the diverse heroes as a team, as the backstory of the individual characters was done in previous films. The action scenes are excellent in the film but what is lacking is a sense of freshness. This is particularly disappointing given that it was directed and written by Joss (Buffy, Firefly) Whedon who is known for breathing new life into old themes and strorylines. He didn't do it in the case of The Avengers. There are certainly good scenes, some good lines and good moments, but in my opinion the film is only good, not great. 3.5/10

My favourite scene:

Only members of this group can participate in group discsussions

Connect & Share
with us!

Fandango - Know Before You Go! Buy Movie Tickets in Advance.