Looking for some romantic movies to watch on Valentine’s Day? I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite romantic movies to enjoy with that special someone.
1.Casablanca (1942) – The definition of romantic films, Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman beautifully marry the challenges of love and war.
2.Sleepless in Seattle(1978) – Based off the 1957 film ‘An Affair to Remember,’ this romantic comedy is a classic Valentine’s Day film. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are adorable and loveable.
3.Shakespeare in Love (1998) – The tale behind Shakespeare’s own love story and winner of 7 Oscars, this romantic movie stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Joseph Fiennes and Geoffrey Rush.
4. Serendipity (2001) – Starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, embraces love and destiny.
5. The Princess Bride (1987) – A classic romantic fairy tale in which true love never dies.
6.‘Pride and Prejudice (1995) – Starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, the movie is an adaptation of Jane Austen’s romance novel. What starts out as a relationship filled with hate, eventually evolves into one of love.
7. The Notebook (2004) – Keep the tissues handy, this romance movie follows a couple (Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams) from when they first fall in love to their senior years.
8. Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011) – A middle aged husband (Steve Carell) is devastated when his wife (Julianne Moore) asks for a divorce. The movie encourages us all to remember what it’s like to fall in love and to never stop trying to earn the love of the one you love.
9. Love Actually (2003) – Love is definitely in the air in this romantic movie following the love lives of eight different couples from all walks of life.
10. When Harry Met Sally (1989) Friends, Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal, eventually fall in love.
11. I Hate Valentine’s Day (2009) – The owner of a flower shop in Brooklyn, NY meets a new guy around Valentine’s Day.
12. Valentine’s Day (2010) – The movies follows a group of friends and intertwining storylines on Valentine’s Day.
13. Say Anything (1989) – John Cusack plays an noble underachiever who falls in love with a beautiful valedictorian the summer before she heads off to college.
14. Before Sunset (2004) – A couple reunites nine years after they first met. Starring Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy and Vernon Dobtcheff.
What are your favorite romantic movies to watch around Valentine’s Day? Share in the comments below.