A super hero, one man’s battle against cancer, one of America’s favorite past times, heart-pounding action and a political thriller make up the current top 5 movies selected by members as films they plan to see. Here’s the breakdown:
1. The Dark Knight Rises(2012) – One of this year’s most anticipated movies and the top-grossing film at the theaters in 2012, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ remains one of the movies Filmbuffet members plan to see.
2. The Ides of March (2011) – A timely film with the current political climate, ‘The Ides of March’ is based on the award-winning play “Farragut North.” Starring George Clooney and Ryan Gosling, this Oscar nominated film consistently tops the list of the movies film fanatics on Filmbuffet plan to see this year.
3. Moneyball (2011) – An entertaining baseball movie based on a true story and nominated for 6 Academy Awards Brad Pitt plays Billy Beane, the Oakland A's General Manager and his attempt to put together a competitive baseball team.
4. 50/50 (2011) – Rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by Filmbuffet members who have seen the film, 50/50 remains one of the top five movies to see. The film is based on a real-life experience, and focuses on the power of friendship, love, and overcoming the struggles of life.
5. The Bourne Legacy (2012) – Another film topping movie fan’s plan to see list is the fourth installment of the Bourne series, starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton. In The Bourne Legacy, a member of a black ops program goes on the run once Bourne's actions lead to the public exposure of Operation Treadstone and Operation Blackbriar.
What 5 movies are on your plan to see list? Share in the comments below and be sure to add to your movie collection on Filmbuffet.